Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fear of the Unknown

Ever since I have decided to go on this European backpacking trip, some of the responses I get from people consist of, “Man, I wish I could do that” or “I wish I could of done that before I had kids/got a job/marriage”. My immediate reaction to that is “you still can.” I wonder why people think, especially women, they can’t follow their wildest dreams.

Women say they can’t leave their kids or they can’t afford it or they just couldn’t do it all together. I think that the only person that limits me, is well... myself. And I know you are thinking, “Well she doesn’t have kids” and you’re right, I have no idea what its like. But I honestly believe that people are going to do what they want to do no matter what.

It's fear rather than the things that tie down people that keep them from following their dreams. Fear of the unknown. Believe me! It's suppose to be scary... My adrenaline was racing when I was sitting at the computer just trying to decide if I needed to buy the ticket to Europe or not. But the thing is, if we're not scared of our dreams and ambitions, then they're not big enough. Just like deciding to have a child, that's very scary but extremely rewarding... So I've heard anyway.

And I’m not writing this to bash people who don’t travel. That is not my purpose for this posting at all. I am here to say that you can go wherever your wildest dreams take you. Don’t let society tell you your dreams are ridiculous.

I want to encourage all women to follow their dreams. Don’t you want to look back and be able to say that you did it!! You accomplished everything you wanted to in life.

Just words of encouragement for those reading our blog. Thanks for reading and stay in tune with our travels. We'll be in Berlin tomorrow!

-  Dori

No comments:

Post a Comment